Updated: Nov 2
Tips to help you prepare for your Boudoir Session with BONNY Photography.
I've put together some tips for your session to help you be and feel prepared leading up to Boudie Day.
- wear loose clothing (no bra) the day of your session to avoid impressions being left on your skin, also choose clothing that will be easy to remove once your hair & makeup is done
- ensure you remove your watch the evening before your session if you don't want it included in your session
- wash your hair the day before your session or morning of (shampoo twice with a good scrub and lather, then forgo conditioner if you can or only condition the ends) hair washing is really important to achieve gorgeous bouncy curls
- to help us run to schedule please arrive for your session fresh faced with dry hair
- spray tans can be great with the right base colour and application. I recommend choosing a professional to apply your tan with a violet base. Please do not use green or orange based tans, these do not photograph well. The studio does not offer retouching for poorly applied or bad tints/coloured tans.
- moisturize and exfoliate well leading up to your session, especially your face, lips, elbows, knees and heels/feet
- the studio has an extensive client wardrobe stocked size 6-26 and xs-6xl with bodysuits, robes, shirts, trunks etc if you're feeling uncertain about styles in your size that you might like, please schedule a consult or bring along any lingerie pieces you might like to wear. All worn garments are washed and sanitized after use.
- treat yourself to a mani/pedi a few days before your session for stunning close ups (this can be done by a professional or at home)
- drink plenty of water leading up to your session for beautiful, hydrated dewy skin.
- remember to eat the morning of your session, even something small will help you feel sustained and energized throughout your session
THINGS TO AVOID
- the sun, avoid situations where you may get sunburnt leading up to your session
- tattoos, please ensure any tattoo appointments are planned with enough time to completely heal prior to your session. It's always best to consult with your artist to ensure you're going to be well prepared
- piercings, just like tattoos please ensure you're scheduling piercings with enough time to be healed for your session
Please use these tips as a guide, take with you what you find useful and leave behind anything you don't.
If you'd like to enquire or book your own session, reach out below and schedule your complimentary consult and studio tour to see if the experience might be for you.