Updated: Apr 7
Tips to help you prepare for your Boudoir Session with BONNY Photography.
I've put together some tips for your session to help you be and feel prepared leading up to Boudie Day.
- wear loose clothing (no bra) the day of your session to avoid impressions being left on your skin, also choose clothing that will be easy to remove once your hair & makeup is done
- wash your hair the day before your session and arrive fresh faced ready for hair & makeup
- ensure you have a black seamless thong packed in your bag to bring your session for use of our exclusive client wardrobe, all worn garments are washed and sanitized after use. If you're looking to add a little extra pampering to your session and would like to invest in some quality lingerie to keep, you can't go past Capri for style, fashion and amazing service. The ladies in Capri can assist with choosing great styles and ensuring you've got the perfect fit for your session
- moisturize and exfoliate well leading up to your session, especially your face, lips, elbows, knees and heels/feet
- treat yourself to a mani/pedi a few days before your session for stunning close ups (this can be done by a professional or at home)
- drink plenty of water leading up to your session for beautiful, hydrated dewy skin.
- remember to eat the morning of your session, even something small will help you feel sustained and energized throughout your session
THINGS TO AVOID
- the sun, avoid situations where you may get sunburnt leading up to your session
- fake tan, so many things can go wrong with fake tan and many brands will leave you looking orange through the lens. If you MUST fake tan, please see a professional and have it applied lightly. It's always a great idea to have a "test" tan, let your tanner know it's for a Boudoir Session and remember to exfoliate and moisturise. Extensive retouching is not offered for bad tans
- tattoos, please ensure any tattoo appointments are planned with enough time to completely heal prior to your session. It's always best to consult with your artist to ensure you're going to be well prepared
- piercings, just like tattoos please ensure you're scheduling piercings with enough time to be healed for your session
Please use these tips as a guide, take with you what you find useful and leave behind anything you dont.
If you'd like to enquire or book your own session, reach out below and schedule your complimentary consult and studio tour to see if the experience might be for you.